Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Anyone for Poached Duck?

Audrey, Max, and Zoe


Audrey

The other day, Audrey asked if she could go and pet the baby chicks downstairs. Who in the world has baby chicks in a suburban flat complex? Answer: My neighbors 2 floors down from us! Oh, and they ended up being ducks. Very cute, but ....yuck! Pet ducks in a flat? Another new one for me. The clincher, was when my neighbors asked if we could take care of them for a week. As my mother would say......do I look like I just fell off a turnip truck?!!
I was trying to figure out why someone would have pet ducks in their house when my friend informed me that this was not uncommon here in Turkey. She said they would raise them in the apartment and then sell them at the local pazar to make money. Hmmmm. Anyone for poached duck?

1 comment:

kopecky kids in the spotlight said...

Hey don't you remember when We gave Alex Ducks one year for Easter?? Mom's yard was a MESS!! But they were fun! Not planning on doing it again unless we are Living at the Farm! (dont see that happening anytime soon or if at all!